The aim of this privacy statement is to explain how Amas Murrison collects and uses the personal information it gathers about you through the use of this website. Amas Murrison will ensure that it keeps all personal information supplied by you in accordance with its obligations under current Data Protection legislation.
We regularly review this policy and may make changes at any time without giving notice.
You may be asked to provide personal information if you wish to contact us (information such as full name, email address). This information is not disclosed to any third party without receiving your prior consent.
The Amas Murrison website contains links with third party sites. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites and Amas Murrison is not responsible for the privacy practice or the contents of these third party websites.
If you are aged 18 or under please ask your parent or guardian for their permission to provide us with your contact information.
At Amas Murrison we take privacy very seriously. We therefore ensure we are compliant with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The purpose of this document is to inform you our client how, why and where your personal information will be stored as well as compliance for GDPR. Furthermore we will communicate your rights as a data subject.
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘ammu’ or ‘Amas Murrison’ we are referring to AMAS MURRISON LIMITED Company No. SC440863. When we say‘client’ we are referring to a person or company that has signed our terms of engagement.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and remember certain information.
In addition, we use your public IP address to detect your location.
Amas Murrison collects your personal information
The reason we collect and process you the client’s personal information is to carry out our duties of service, managing relationships, future investigations and operational administrative tasks. The service involves the storage of data about a company or individual, and may include information such as the individuals name, email address, telephone number, bank account details, taxation details, and accounting and financial information.
Amas Murrison may collect personal information directly from you when you:
- Use the service
- Contact Amas Murrison employees
- Visit our website
The legal basis for Amas Murrison to collect and store personal and sensitive information is;
- Contract Fulfilment
- Legal Obligation
- Legitimate Interest
- You have the right to access personal data, rectify any errors or inaccuracies, and withdraw consent, request to erase data, request data to be sent to you, request to restrict or object to our processing. Please send correspondence to our Data Protection Officer, AMAS Murrison Limited, 8 Miller Road Ayr KA7 2AY
We store personal information with IRIS Hosted Desktop UK and Office 365.
IRIS Hosted Desktop UK provide state of the art protection via encryption and all the servers are located within the UK. Further details can be found on their website: – https://go.iris.co.uk/IRIS-Hosting-on-Azure-coming-soon.html
Office 365 uses multiple encryption methods, protocols and ciphers across its products and services to the protect customer data and confidentiality. Further details can be found on their website: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb
Amas Murrison may receive personal information from you about others
Through your use of the Service, Amas Murrison may also collect information from you about someone else. If You provide Amas Murrison with personal information about someone else, you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to Amas Murrison and that, without Amas Murrison taking any further steps required by applicable data protection or privacy laws, Amas Murrison may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Policy.
This means that you must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned is aware of and/or consents to the various matters detailed in this Policy, including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which that information is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, Amas Murrison’s identity, and how to contact Amas Murrison.
Where requested to do so by Amas Murrison, you must also assist Amas Murrison with any requests by the individual to access or update the personal information you have collected from them and entered into the Service.
Why we need your information
Amas Murrison is known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. Amas Murrison will collect basic and special types of information only to fulfil our duty of service and provide further support within the areas of the accountancy & taxation sector. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
Amas Murrison will use the personal information we have collected from you for purposes related to the Services we provide to you including;
- verify Your identity,
- administer the Service,
- notify You of new or changed services offered in relation to the Service,
- assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Service,
- comply with laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions, and
- Anti-money laundering procedure
- Communicate with You.
What are your rights?
- Access of personal data
- Rectify or correct the personal data we hold
- Remove personal data if we don’t have a legal obligation to retain the personal data
- Object the information we hold and restrict the use of the information while objected. Unless we have a legal obligation to process or use the information.
- Notification of how we handle your personal data
- Non profiling
- Portability of personal data (digital only)
- Lodging a complaint:
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information, have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Our Data Protection Officer is Simon Murrison and you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01292 388031 or 0141 290 0262.
You may request access to your personal information.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may request access to the information we hold about you, or request that we update or correct any personal information we hold about you, by setting out your request in writing and sending it to us at email@example.com.
Amas Murrison will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for us to process your request in the manner you have requested. In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to seek to arrange access to your personal information through a mutually agreed intermediary.
We’ll only keep your personal information for as long as we require it for the purposes of providing you with the Service. However, we may also be required to keep some of your personal information for specified periods of time, for example under certain laws relating to corporations, money laundering, and financial reporting legislation.
What we do with it
All the personal data we handle is processed by our staff in the UK. For the purposes of IT, bookkeeping, payroll, management accounts and legality. We share this information with 3rd parties. Whenever personal data is sent to a 3rd party it is encrypted with SSL encryption. No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so.
We may share your information with:
- our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, for example financial institutions and payroll.
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information;
- third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products or services we think will interest you in the operation of your business activities. For example, financial services organisations (such as banks, insurers, finance providers), payment solutions providers, software and services providers that provide business solutions);
- credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- regulators to meet Amas Murrison’s legal and regulatory obligations;
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully
- any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- auditors for the purpose of seeking professional advice or to meet our audit responsibilities;
- Government departments where reporting is mandatory under applicable law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, applications, products or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) may contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, SMS or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. More information on this framework can be given, just give us a call or contact via email.
Amas Murrison only disclose your personal Information in limited circumstances
Amas Murrison will only disclose the personal information you have provided to us to entities outside of Amas Murrison if it is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the purpose for which your personal information was collected pursuant to this Policy, including the provision of the Service.
Amas Murrison will not otherwise disclose your personal information to a third party unless you have provided your express consent. However, you should be aware that Amas Murrison may be required to disclose your personal information without your consent in order to comply with any court orders, or other legal process or investigation including by tax authorities, if such disclosure is required by law. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you if we are required by law to disclose your personal information.
Amas Murrison has a privacy complaints process
If you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal information, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentations:
- By email email@example.com
- By letter to The Data Protection Officer, AMAS Murrison Limited, 8 Miller Road Ayr KA7 2AY
We will endeavour to:
- Provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 10 business days, and
- Investigate and attempt to resolve your query or complaint within 30 business days or such longer period as is necessary and notified to you by our Privacy Officer.