Businesses are at the height of the busiest time of year and looking to make money and gain new customers. Marketing teams speed into overdrive with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and never ending discounts.
Don’t forget Small Business Saturday.
Small Business Saturday (SBS), is a business initiative to support independents. It was set up to nurture and grow businesses. A business ethos we at Murrison & Wilson connect with.
SBS help raise awareness and grow small businesses by encouraging people to shop from small independents – both on the high street and online.
Every year the initiative grows bigger and bigger as do the numbers of businesses that take part.
It’s no coincidence Small Business Saturday is held on the first Saturday of December. It’s timed with busiest period for shopping and when majority of businesses make most of their annual income.
As proud supporters of small businesses we strongly recommend you use the Festive time to maximise every opportunity. Talk to your customers, maximise footfall or web traffic and boost selling opportunities.
5 simple marketing tips to win more customers
1 Get your digital assets ready for festive season
- Consistently brand your social media assets for instant recognition
- Clean up your database for tightly targeted mailings
- Invest infrastructure to avoid website crash & lost sales
- Update your blog with fresh company news
- Identify relevant hashtags to use
- Be active, be visual online
2 Stay in touch with old and new clients
- Tell customers of changes to festive opening hours
- Run social media competitions to attract attention & shares
- Promote exclusive offers, discounts & vouchers (don’t forget margins!)
3 Join forces with other local businesses
- Working together to organise a Christmas event
- Promote and share other businesses and they’ll do likewise
4 Avoid missed sales – manage stock and avoid relying on couriers
- Audit your stock levels – double check you have extra stock
- Do you have the right stock – customer will go elsewhere
- Ensure suppliers readily available to support you.
- Negotiate extra discount for bulk orders
5 Be helpful!
- Rota staff to manage busy periods, or lose sales
- Package up gift ideas to save customers precious thinking time
- Arrange delivery or wrapping services
There’s many more ways to get involved in Small Business Saturday on SBS website
If you have Christmas all parcelled up and thinking about 2018 Business Planning and looking for advice get in touch now on 0141 290 0262 or
Good luck to our clients and all local businesses taking part on Saturday.