Business mentoring matters
Did you know every Dragon in Dragon’s Den has had a business mentor at some point in their highly successful career?
If you are feeling trapped in old ways of thinking, working all the hours in the week busily tackling problems and making decisions out with your comfort zone and still your business is failing to grow.
Now could be the right time to start working with a business mentor and kick start your business again.
“89% of small and medium sized businesses in the UK acknowledge that mentoring can help them to succeed” Sage Survey
Why work with a business mentor?
An experienced business mentor:
- Asks the tough questions you instinctively shy away from
- Is not emotionally tied to your business and provides an objective view
- Listens, understands and tailors advice to your business
- Adds skills missing from your skillset
- Provides strategic overview, sets realistic goals and drives results
- Clarifies your understanding of your objectives
- Spots quick wins to move business forward
- Improves your decision making skills
- Improves your ability to control costs
- Streamlines existing processes for a leaner business
- Gives you the confidence to let go of habits that no longer work
- Discovers new sales opportunities
- Identifies ways to market yourself differently
- Challenges suppliers to increase margins and cash flow
- Focuses you on areas that matter
- Explains better use of time and resources
- Introduces you to new business contacts
- Acts as a sounding board
- Holds you accountable
- Boosts your morale.
“We are thankful for our mentors who give us so much of their time, support and encouragement. And we are glad our friend and accountant, Simon Murrison is still our mentor.”
Radiant & Brighter, Murrison & Wilson Clients
As the actor Bob Hoskins once said in a famous telecom advert ‘it’s good to talk’.
Sometimes you just need to talk through a problem and have a mentor listen and offer sound advice based on their past experience of growing a business.
Try – it could lead to that eureka moment that kick starts your business again.
Don’t just take my word for it. Read this month’s Spotlight on Business about Adam Davidson of BoConcept talking about his road to success and how it included a mentor and the tremendous book The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
Murrison & Wilson Mentoring UK Businesses
Mentoring startups and watching them grow is the most rewarding part of my job and would love you to take the time to read about my clients at Radiant & Brighter that I’m very privileged to work with.
Ready to kick start your business again this summer then talk to us. Call Simon on 0141 290 0262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Murrison, CA
Please share our blog if you know someone thinking about hiring a business mentor.